Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Quest for $10,000 Epilogue

Contestant's Log, Stardate; -308753.025

This is my final entry as it relates to the HitsFM 10GTshirt Contest. It's all long over now and the winner has her winnings I expect, and congratulations to her. It was a fun contest and I've had a blast making these updates.

We started showing up at Cabot Ford about 1:30pm as the Hits crew were still getting set up. Didn't take too long for us to form a line for what, we didn't know. We were then told that we'd have to hand in our shirts so they could be checked off and numbered for the draw that would be taking place. Never has there been a more reluctant group of people as there was gathered in that line. None of us reacted in any way to part with our shirts. They assured us that since we'd reached that point in the contest that we were now safe from elimination, we still were wary, but finally we relented and the checking in began.

Simple process really, hurry up and wait. Let the tension, and the pile of discarded shirts, build. Like an extra from Breaking Bad, Brian surveyed the growing mound of cloth while safely encased in a hazmat (painters) suit, gloves, mask and goggles.





After seeing some of those returned shirts, I don't blame him in the least.




After another bit of a wait, where I had to change to catch up with some old friends (Hey Ryan, Holly, Melanie and Keri) they finally drew the winning shirt. Wouldn't you know it, it wasn't mine. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say. It was a fun go and I would have loved to have won, but that's how it goes. We had about a 1 in 230 chance at winning, those are better odds than the lottery and I still buy the odd ticket knowing I probably won't win. In this case, all any of us had to do was wear a tshirt that was given to us, no entry fee required.

So thank you HitsFM for an awesome contest. I had an amazing amount of fun these last two weeks and I got to express a little creativity, haven't done that in a while. Maybe I'll pick up a side gig somewhere writing, who knows?

So now it's back to normal life and normal, nondescript clothing... or as close to it as I can get. It's time to break out my replica Doctor Who 18 foot long scarf, Sci-Fi On The Rock is just around the corner! Calling all Geeks, Nerds, Assorted Sci-Fi, Anime and Horror fans! The time approaches to once more block the Holiday Inn, Keep Calm & Geek On!

Can't wait for the fun and adventure to come.

...

...
... I miss my shirt...


Goodbye old friend...

Later

- Stylin' Steve



No comments: