Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Run Forest Run!

 I fucking ran!

Ok let me back up here a minute.

My normal days off are Sunday and Monday and last week I booked off Friday and Saturday for a bit of a break. Then the unfortunate events of last Tuesday happened and I took an extra day on Thursday. So a 5 day break from work and from the fitness room.

Seven AM this morning I put on my new running shoes and hopped on the elliptical. From the get go I noticed a difference, I can't praise these sneakers enough. Ten minutes felt like nothing now that I don't have a pair of bricks on my feet.

Then I changed to the treadmill to do my next ten minutes, I'm still taking it slowly and not extending my time yet. At about the three minute mark, there was something about my pace and the beats in my ears and the sun shining in and the morning being so good, that I changed my pace from a steady walk to a jog/run for a solid five minutes! IT FELT SO GOOD! 

I then scaled back to my former pace and finished out my ten minutes but it was glorious. 

I AM SO FUCKING HAPPY THIS MORNING! 

Wooooooooo!

No comments: