Friday, August 10, 2012

Drinking and Podcasting

But not at the same time.

Went out with friends for a few drinks last night, had a great time and sang some karaoke.  It's the first time in a long while that I've been able to get out.  I work every weekend so finding something during the week has been the problem, but Thirsty Thursday at the Bella Vista = Problem Solved.




I even got introduced to a new shooter for me; The Burt Reynolds.

According to http://www.dirtydrinks.com it's
· 1/2 oz. Rum (Spiced)
· 1/2 oz. Butter Ripple Liqueur

Wasn't too shabby either.  Got home and wasn't too drunk, watched some random vids on YouTube and then went to bed about 6am.  The nice thing about working overnights is that I'm already acclimated to staying up all night, drinking or not.

Today I finished recoding and uploaded the newest episode of my podcast The Whostorian. I've been worried about it and about how it would sound now that it's just me hosting by myself.  I've listened to one person podcasts and a lot of them aren't the greatest, but on playback I think this one holds up.  I don't talk for too long on each topic, roughly 9 mins each section, and I keep to the point without rambling.  I was also worried that I wouldn't be up to just talking on and on without having someone to converse with but I found that once I started that it all just flowed naturally.  I'll refine things as I go over the next few weeks, but for a first attempt it went really well and I'm proud of what I've recorded.

No comments: