Thursday, August 30, 2012

Tired today

Getting a little tired today, it's been a long week and it's only going to carry into next week.  Nothing to do but keep my head down and push though it I suppose.

I'm on my 7th straight shift at work, granted two of those shifts were only 4 hours of overtime and then I went home, but there is nothing to do at 4am and no one to talk to so I don't count it as being off and relaxing.  One of the regulars is off on vacation and one of the other front desk girls got fired last week so I'm working overtime to help out and fill in the gaps because we are short staffed.  I didn't realize how long the other person was on vacation and looking at the schedule last night, my next day off is not until September 11th.  That's 18 straight days working, well nights working.

That's on top of the radio show I do on Monday nights, that's on top of the Podcast I do on Fridays, that's on top of being on the committee for the Sci-Fi Convention since we just started having meetings again and there are updates for the website that need doing (I'm the webmaster) and vendors to contact for next year, and on top of trying to rebuild a social life.  I'm not so much physically tired as I am mentally tired and that's mostly from focusing on how long it is till I get a day off again. I know I can do it, I've put myself through a lot voluntarily over the years, heck I've done a one month stretch of sixteen hour days, but I still took my days off when they came around.

Definitely putting in for a weekend off after this is all over, and I have to put in tonight for four days off at the end of September for a road trip to Corner Brook.  Just to recharge and see friends and not think about having to go to work and relax.

Anyway, that's my rant for the night, I have to leave for work now.

Later

Steve

No comments: